Estates & Stewardship Manager
Salary £39,639 – £43,052
Full Time | Permanent
Creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive isn’t a pipedream, at Bournville Village Trust (BVT) it is our mission.
At BVT, we look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are adaptable in an ever-changing environment and just as passionate about achieving our mission as we are.
Our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation guide everything that we do and we aspire to have a diverse and inclusive organisation.
Career opportunities at BVT are designed to be agile and centred on personal and professional development, whilst creating an environment where wellbeing and work-life balance is a key part of our culture.
If you find our values as inspiring as we do and would like to play your part in achieving our mission, we now have an opportunity to join us as an Estates and Stewardship Manager.
We are recruiting for a new Estates and Stewardship Manager to join our Estates and Stewardship Service within Telford. As the Estates and Stewardship Manager you will play an integral part in achieving our mission of creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive.
The role will involve:
- Effective management of estates and stewardship services (tenure neutral) to ensure all of the BVT localities and schemes are clean, green and reflect BVT’s high service standards. These include the delivery of estate services, design guides and enforcement of covenants.
- Effective management of Community Development and resident engagement. Develop community led projects in partnership with the local councils and voluntary agencies to deliver Stewardship services that meet the view of the local community.
- The management of Community Spaces.
- Effective budget management to ensure Community/Management Charges are transparent and deliver value for money.
- Working closely with developers in the delivery of the new build programmes, handovers of land and adhering to the stewardship agreements in place.
- Management of performance, ensuring continuous improvement, Health and Safety compliance, benchmarking and delivering best practice.
- Work in partnership across BVT and external partners to ensure delivery of BVT’s Corporate Plan.
We look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are just as passionate about our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation as we are.
As Estates and Stewardship Manager, you will bring the following key experience and skills to the role:
- Good level of education or relevant professional qualification or significant experience in the sector
- Experience in a relevant role within the not-for-profit sector.
- A track record of delivering value for money and continuous improvement of estates and stewardship services, including building or planning related background (or a combination)
- Management experience of leading a team
- Highly motivated and people/customer focussed
- Experience in effective management of community development and partnership working, including community led projects and management of community spaces
- Excellent communication, organisational, problem solving and IT skills
- Willingness to work flexibly, including evenings and weekends
We offer excellent employment conditions and benefits including occupational pension scheme, employee discount scheme and healthcare cash plan.
Click on the apply button to be taken to the BVT career page where you will find further information and the application form.
Please ensure that you have read through all of the additional information on the right of this screen prior to completing the application form and person specification form. Do not attach any documents other than your completed person specification form as your application will not be considered.
NO CV’s – No Agencies
CLOSING DATE: 09:00 Monday 15 March
INTERVIEWS: W/C 23rd March 2021, W/C 31st March 2021
We are committed to achieving equality and fairness in serving our diverse communities.