Industry Social Care
Salary £26,884 – £29,198
Full Time | Permanent
Creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive isn’t a pipedream, at Bournville Village Trust (BVT) it is our mission.
At BVT, we look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are adaptable in an ever-changing environment and just as passionate about achieving our mission as we are.
Our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation guide everything that we do and we aspire to have a diverse and inclusive organisation.
Career opportunities at BVT are designed to be agile and centred on personal and professional development, whilst creating an environment where wellbeing and work-life balance is a key part of our culture.
If you find our values as inspiring as we do and would like to play your part in achieving our mission, we now have an opportunity to join us as an Estate Officer.
We are recruiting for an Estate Officer to join our Estates and Stewardship Service within Telford. As the Estate Officer you will play an integral part in achieving our mission of creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive.
The role will involve:
- Responsible for providing effective and pro-active Estate and Property Management services, which includes development and planning control and management of the freehold, housing, commercial and leasehold portfolio.
- Effective management of public open spaces and parks, including asset management, planned works programmes, estate inspections and contractor management.
- Ensuring compliance with Design Guides and property alteration applications.
- Developing effective partnerships with all stakeholders, including supporting community development and resident engagement.
- Ensuring high quality and value for money services for the local communities.
- Liaison with developers and residents to ensure good communications and smooth handover of land.
We look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are just as passionate about our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation as we are.
As Estate Officer, you will bring the following key experience and skills to the role:
- Good level of education or experience in the related field
- A track record of delivering value for money and continuous improvement of estates and stewardship services, including housing, building or planning related background
- Highly motivated and people/customer focussed
- Excellent communication, organisational, problem solving and IT skills
- Willingness to work flexibly, including evenings and weekends
We offer excellent employment conditions and benefits including occupational pension scheme, employee discount scheme and healthcare cash plan.
Click on the apply button to be taken to the BVT career page where you will find further information and the application form.
Please ensure that you have read through all of the additional information on the right of this screen prior to completing the application form and person specification form. Do not attach any documents other than your completed person specification form as your application will not be considered.
NO CV’s – No Agencies
Closing date: 09:00 Monday 15th March 2021
Interview dates: W/C 24th March 2021, W/C 30th March 2021
We are committed to achieving equality and fairness in serving our diverse communities.