Salary £19,718 – £21,462
Full Time | Permanent
Creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive isn’t a pipedream, at Bournville Village Trust (BVT) it is our mission.
At BVT, we look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are adaptable in an ever-changing environment and just as passionate about achieving our mission as we are.
Our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation guide everything that we do and we aspire to have a diverse and inclusive organisation.
Career opportunities at BVT are designed to be agile and centred on personal and professional development, whilst creating an environment where wellbeing and work-life balance is a key part of our culture.
If you find our values as inspiring as we do and would like to play your part in achieving our mission, we now have an opportunity to join us as an Estate Caretaker.
We are recruiting for an Estate Caretaker to join our Estates and Stewardship Service within Telford. As the Estate Caretaker you will play an integral part in achieving our mission of creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive.
The role will involve:
- Working with residents providing excellent customer service.
- Carrying out minor repairs, cleaning and ground maintenance.
- Carrying out estate and compliance inspections.
- Using IT systems to deliver services.
- Work closely with the wider Estates and Stewardship teams across BVT, residents, contractors and other agencies to ensure the estates are clean, green and safe.
- Supporting the day to day running of community spaces, including opening and closing of buildings for community use, cleaning and maintenance, H&S compliance, meeting and greeting building users, including evening and weekends.
We look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are just as passionate about our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation as we are.
As Estate Caretaker, you will bring the following key experience and skills to the role:
- Good level of experience in the related field
- Experience in carrying out minor repairs, cleaning and ground maintenance.
- Experience of working using IT systems to deliver services.
- An understanding of COSHH and health and safety.
- Relevant knowledge of tools and equipment for various maintenance tasks.
- Good communication, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Able to work as a good team member as well as working on your own,
- Highly motivated and people/customer focussed
- Willingness to work flexibly, including evenings and weekends
We offer excellent employment conditions and benefits including occupational pension scheme, employee discount scheme and healthcare cash plan.
Click on the apply button to be taken to the BVT career page where you will find further information and the application form.
Please ensure that you have read through all of the additional information on the right of this screen prior to completing the application form and person specification form. Do not attach any documents other than your completed person specification form as your application will not be considered.
NO CV’s – No Agencies
Closing date: 09:00 Monday 15th March 2021
Interview dates: W/C 22 March 2021
We are committed to achieving equality and fairness in serving our diverse communities.