Customer Communications Officer
Dual located Telford & Birmingham
Salary £26,884 – £29,198
Full Time | Permanent
Creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive isn’t a pipedream, at Bournville Village Trust (BVT) it is our mission.
At BVT, we look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are adaptable in an ever-changing environment and just as passionate about achieving our mission as we are.
Our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation guide everything that we do and we aspire to have a diverse and inclusive organisation.
Career opportunities at BVT are designed to be agile and centred on personal and professional development, whilst creating an environment where wellbeing and work-life balance is a key part of our culture.
If you find our values as inspiring as we do and would like to play your part in achieving our mission, we now have an opportunity to join us as a Customer Communications Officer
We are recruiting for a new Customer Communications Officer join our PR and Communications team, specifically supporting the communications strategy within Telford. As the Customer Communication Officer you will play an integral part in achieving our mission of creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive.
The role will involve:
- Producing strong messages and narratives that celebrate what we do in Lawley and Lightmoor. Including, but not limited to, social media and website content, media releases, newsletters and other customer communication.
- Support the implementation and continuous improvement of BVT-related communication strategies, policies and guidelines, ensuring that these are always reflected in our approach in Lawley and Lightmoor.
- Provide proactive and reactive timely, informative and engaging communication across all our channels for customers and stakeholders in Lawley and Lightmoor.
- Design and create engaging marketing materials, as well as organising and attending events with members of the community, stakeholders, elected members and other partners.
- Responsible for managing a budget in line with policy and procedures and delivering value for money.
We look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are just as passionate about our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation as we are.
As Customer Communications Officer, you will bring the following key experience and skills to the role:
- Good level of education or relevant professional qualification or significant experience in the sector
- Experience in a PR or marketing environment.
- Experience of delivering communication plans that meet strategic aims and objectives
- Highly motivated and people/customer focussed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational, problem solving and IT skills
- Willingness to work flexibly, including evenings and weekends
We offer excellent employment conditions and benefits including occupational pension scheme, employee discount scheme and healthcare cash plan.
Click on the apply button to be taken to the BVT career page where you will find further information and the application form.
Please ensure that you have read through all of the additional information on the right of this screen prior to completing the application form and person specification form. Do not attach any documents other than your completed person specification form as your application will not be considered.
NO CV’s – No Agencies
Closing date: 09:00 Monday 15th March 2021
Interview dates: W/C 29 March 2021
We are committed to achieving equality and fairness in serving our diverse communities.