Community Development & Partnership Officers
Salary £26,884 – £29,198
Full Time | Permanent
Creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive isn’t a pipedream, at Bournville Village Trust (BVT) it is our mission.
At BVT, we look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are adaptable in an ever-changing environment and just as passionate about achieving our mission as we are.
Our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation guide everything that we do and we aspire to have a diverse and inclusive organisation.
Career opportunities at BVT are designed to be agile and centred on personal and professional development, whilst creating an environment where wellbeing and work-life balance is a key part of our culture.
If you find our values as inspiring as we do and would like to play your part in achieving our mission, we now have an opportunity to join us as a Community Development and Partnerships Officer
We are recruiting for a new Community Development and Partnerships Officer to join our Estates and Stewardship Service within Telford. As the Community Development and Partnerships Officer you will play an integral part in achieving our mission of creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive.
The role will involve:
- Supporting the development and delivery of the Trust’s Community Development activity in Lawley or Lightmoor Village.
- Working in partnership with external agencies, third sector and voluntary groups to deliver bespoke activities for the local community.
- Promoting and maintaining a culture that places our residents and communities at the heart of our work.
- Representing the Trust and develop and maintain good relationships with residents and partner agencies.
- Line management of administrative officers to ensure high quality services.
- Supporting and working in partnership with Teams across the Trust to deliver the Corporate Plan and Stewardship services.
- Effective management of Community Development and resident engagement. Develop community led projects in partnership with the local councils and voluntary agencies to deliver Stewardship services that meet the view of the local community.
- The day to day management of Community Spaces.
- Effective budget management to ensure value for money.
We look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are just as passionate about our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation as we are.
As Community Development and Partnerships Officer, you will bring the following key experience and skills to the role:
- Good level of education or relevant professional qualification or significant experience in the sector
- Experience in a relevant role within the not-for-profit sector
- Experience of community development, engagement, support and services
- Experience in forming and supporting partnerships forums and community groups, including delivering community led projects to achieve continuous improvement in services
- Experience of line management of staff
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational, problem solving and IT skills
- Highly motivated and people/customer focussed
- Willingness to work flexibly, including evenings and weekends
We offer excellent employment conditions and benefits including occupational pension scheme, employee discount scheme and healthcare cash plan.
Click on the apply button to be taken to the BVT career page where you will find further information and the application form.
Please ensure that you have read through all of the additional information on the right of this screen prior to completing the application form and person specification form. Do not attach any documents other than your completed person specification form as your application will not be considered.
NO CV’s – No Agencies
Closing date: 09:00 Monday 15th March 2021
Interview dates: W/C 26 March & W/C 01 April 2021
We are committed to achieving equality and fairness in serving our diverse communities.